• Majestic Theatre

The Majestic Theatre was originally built in 1927 by real estate magnates, the Chanin Brothers, as part of a three-theatre complex that also included the Royale (a mid-sized house) and the Theatre Masque, now the John Golden (a small house). The Majestic, a large musical house, complemented the other two venues, enabling producers to move shows based on their ticket sales to the most appropriately sized venue. In 1930, the Chanins transferred ownership of all three houses to the Shuberts.

The Majestic Theatre New York